ISO 30193:2016 specifies the mechanical, physical and optical characteristics of a 120 mm rewritable optical disk with a capacity of 100,0 Gbytes. It specifies the quality of the recorded and unrecorded signals, the format of the data and the recording method, thereby allowing for information interchange by means of such disks. User data can be written, read and overwritten many times using a reversible method. This disk is identified as a BD Rewritable disk.
ISO 30193:2016 specifies the following:
- the one disk Type;
- the conditions for conformance;
- the environments in which the disk is to be operated and stored;
- the mechanical and physical characteristics of the disk, so as to provide mechanical interchange
between data processing systems;
- the format of the information on the disk, including the physical disposition of the Tracks and Sectors;
- the error-correcting codes and the coding method used;
- the characteristics of the signals recorded on the disk, enabling data processing systems to read
data from the disk.
ISO 30193:2016 provides for interchange of disks between disk drives. Together with a standard for volume and file structure, it provides for full data interchange between data processing systems.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2016-06
Edition: 2Number of pages: 249
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 23 Digitally recorded media for information interchange and storage
- ICS :
- 35.220.30 Optical storage devices
ISO/IEC 30193:2013/Cor 1:2015
ISO/IEC 30193:2016Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.