This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC TR 18001:2004 provides:
- the result of three surveys identifying the applications for radio frequency identification (RFID) in an item management environment, and the resultant classification of these applications based on various operational parameters, including operating range and memory size;
- an explanation of some of the issues associated with the parameters of distance and number of tags within an RFID interrogator's field-of-view;
- a means by which classification of RF tags may be accomplished based on the application requirements defined in the survey results;
- recommendations for areas of standardization to the parent committee (ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 31/WG 4) based on the results of these surveys.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2004-10
Edition: 1Number of pages: 89
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 31 Automatic identification and data capture techniques
- ICS :
- 35.040.50 Automatic identification and data capture techniques
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
ISO/IEC TR 18001:2004
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.