ISO 13232-4:2005 specifies requirements for the:
- repeatability and reproducibility of the dynamic measurement procedures for the motorcycle, the opposing vehicle and the dummy; and
- dummy instrumentation.
ISO 13232 specifies the minimum requirements for research into the feasibility of protective devices fitted to motorcycles, which are intended to protect the rider in the event of a collision.
ISO 13232 is applicable to impact tests involving:
- two-wheeled motorcycles;
- the specified type of opposing vehicle;
- either a stationary and a moving vehicle or two moving vehicles;
- for any moving vehicle, a steady speed and straight-line motion immediately prior to impact;
- one helmeted dummy in a normal seating position on an upright motorcycle;
- the measurement of the potential for specified types of injury by body region; and
- evaluation of the results of paired impact tests (i.e. comparisons between motorcycles fitted and not fitted with the proposed devices).
ISO 13232 does not apply to testing for regulatory or legislative purposes.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2005-12
Edition: 2Number of pages: 87
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 22/SC 38 Motorcycles and mopeds
Buy this standard
|std 1 198|
|std 2 198||Paper|