ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004 specifies a card application. This application contains information on cryptographic functionality. Further, ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004 defines a common syntax (in ASN.1) and format for the cryptographic information and mechanisms to share this information whenever appropriate.
ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004 supports the following capabilities:
- storage of multiple instances of cryptographic information in a card;
- use of the cryptographic information;
- retrieval of the cryptographic information;
- cross-referencing of the cryptographic information with DOs defined in ISO/IEC 7816 when appropriate;
- different authentication mechanisms; and
- multiple cryptographic algorithms.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2004-01
Edition: 1Number of pages: 70
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 17 Cards and security devices for personal identification
- ICS :
- 35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004Stage: 95.99
Corrigenda / AmendmentsWithdrawn
ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004/Amd 1:2007Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004/Cor 1:2004Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004/Amd 2:2008
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.