ISO 6966-2:2005 specifies the minimum design requirements applicable to all aircraft ground support equipment in order to ensure
- safety of staff operating or maintaining the equipment or in its vicinity;
- protection of aircraft against interference or damage.
The requirements of ISO 6966-2:2005 apply to any piece of aircraft ground support equipment used on airports.
ISO 6966-2:2005 does not provide all the design requirements applicable for aircraft ground support equipment. Other requirements apply, and can be found in separate standards:
- ISO 6966-1 specifies the general, other than safety related, design requirements applicable to all aircraft ground support equipment;
- ISO 4116 specifies the additional requirements applicable for conveying surfaces of those pieces of aircraft ground support equipment intended for handling and loading of baggage and cargo unit load devices;
- specific standards, listed in the Bibliography, define the functional and performance requirements for certain types of aircraft ground support equipment.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2005-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 16
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 20/SC 9 Air cargo and ground equipment
ISO 6966-2:2005Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.