This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 16140-1:2016 defines general terms and definitions relating to method validation of microbiology in the food chain.
It is applicable to the validation of methods for the analysis (detection or quantification) of microorganisms in
- products intended for human consumption,
- products intended for animal feeding,
- environmental samples in the area of food and feed production, handling, and
- samples from the primary production stage.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-06
Edition: 1Number of pages: 12
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 34/SC 9 Microbiology
- ICS :
- 07.100.30 Food microbiology
Buy this standard
|std 1 40|
|std 2 40||Paper|
ISO 16140:2003/Amd 1:2011
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.