This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2022. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 24517-:2008 specifies the use of the Portable Document Format (PDF) Version 1.6 for the creation of documents used in engineering workflows.
ISO 24517-:2008 does not define the following:
- method of electronic distribution;
- method of creation or conversion from paper or electronic documents to the PDF/E format;
- specific technical design, user interface, or implementation;
- required computer hardware and/operating systems; or
- methods for validating the conformance of PDF/E files or readers.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2008-05
Edition: 1Number of pages: 26
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 171/SC 2 Document file formats, EDMS systems and authenticity of information
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.