ISO 5356-1:2004 specifies dimensional and gauging requirements for cones and sockets intended for connecting anaesthetic and respiratory equipment, e.g. in breathing systems, anaesthetic-gas scavenging systems and vaporizers.
ISO 5356-1:2004 gives requirements for the following conical connectors:
- 8,5 mm sizes intended for use in paediatric breathing systems;
- 15 mm and 22 mm sizes intended for general use in breathing systems;
- 22 mm latching connectors (including performance requirements);
- 23 mm size intended for use with vaporizers, but not for use in breathing systems;
- 30 mm size intended for the connection of a breathing system to an anaesthetic gas scavenging system.
ISO 5356-1:2004 does not specify the medical devices and accessories on which these connections are to be provided.
Requirements for the application of conical connectors are not included in ISO 5356-1:2004, but are or will be given in the relevant International Standards for specific medical devices and accessories.
NOTE Requirements for screw-threaded weight-bearing conical connectors are specified in ISO 5356-2.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2004-05
Edition: 3Number of pages: 16
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 121/SC 1 Breathing attachments and anaesthetic machines
- ICS :
- 11.040.10 Anaesthetic, respiratory and reanimation equipment
ISO 5356-1:2004Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.